2 Week Intensive for Sex Addiction
Concentrated, high intensity treatment and cognitive restructuring to stop addictive behaviors.
The 2 Week Intensive for Sex Addiction at Center for Healthy Sex is an in-depth, outpatient sex addiction therapy program. It is intended for individuals who need to stop compulsive sexual patterns that are causing major disruption in their lives.
All Intensives are limited to a maximum of 4 clients for more individual attention.
The 2 Week Intensive offers a higher level of care than is delivered during weekly, individual and group therapy. It is a great option for individuals who may not require a 30-day inpatient sex rehab program to make important changes in their lives.
The Intensive runs all day–from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm–and is facilitated by a team of therapists who give a variety of expert perspectives. Each one is committed to bringing about a successful recovery. The program includes:
- individual therapy
- group therapy
- experiential therapy
- art therapy
- 12-step meetings
- nightly homework assignments
The Intensive is very structured and purposeful. It also includes: several books for sexual recovery, a 100 + page program binder and a written aftercare plan. The focus of week one is to stop all problem behaviors that have become unmanageable such as porn addiction, anonymous or high risk sex, and other severe compulsions. Sexual behavior that has clear negative consequences yet has become very difficult to resist is considered unhealthy. These are the behaviors we help clients stop during the 2 weeks.
We help clients face the shame, guilt and secrets that are affecting their quality of life and motivating them to change. We offer tools that can help break through patterns of denial through extensive assessment, charting out sexual history and more. Our task-centered approach was developed by Patrick Carnes, Ph.D. The step-work developed by Dr. Carnes has very clear items that can be implemented during a time of pain and confusion. These methods can lead to a high level of personal discovery and healing.
During week two, we help you develop a strong plan to stay sober long after the program ends. Daily homework and extensive work with therapy teams make this a truly intensive experience. The 2 week Intensive for Sex and Love Addiction is available for both men and women during separate time periods. Spouses and partners of the addict are also encouraged to seek the help of our “partners’ specialist.” A therapy program is available for partners to be reviewed during the intake.
During the Intensive, ALL clients stay in professionally managed sober living homes. Sober living fees are paid directly to the house with no financial involvement with Center for Healthy Sex. Your fees include meals, housing, and transportation. A sober community of support is far better than the isolation of a hotel or the familiar surroundings of home. We require sober living because we want our clients to have the best possible outcome from the program. The intense nature of this experience necessitates a higher level of support and care. Some of the benefits of staying at sober living are:
- It prevents isolating behaviors following the daily treatment regimen. Addiction thrives in isolation. Most often, we house all of our Intensive participants together for the camaraderie and a cohesive experience. Surrounding yourself with others focused on recovery will keep you safe and sober as you work a rigorous treatment program.
- It provides supportive structure and containment when away from our treatment facility. Participants stay a total of 13 nights at the house so you have time to settle in before the program begins and re-center yourself before returning home. The house managers will help you stay on track with your program schedule and in alignment with the kind of recovery that you’d like to have. To experience a higher level of care, we encourage you to check-in your online devices with the house managers to limit distractions and remove temptations.
- It ensures more accessible support during the evening, morning, and weekend hours. Recovery can be challenging. It’s even more so when you’re triggered for several hours each day while doing some deep healing work with us. The men who support you at the sober living house will provide you with 24-hour care during your stay. For camaraderie, the fellows who are also in your program will share the sober living experience with you.
- It provides reliable transportation. There is no need for the additional stress of navigating the notorious Los Angeles traffic and challenging parking situations. We have a tight schedule to keep, and the sober living house will make sure you’re on time for your sessions and meetings. The transportation services also include pick-up and drop-off at LAX airport, if needed.
- It provides meals at breakfast and dinner. To minimize distractions and to maintain a cohesive experience with your fellows, meals are provided during your stay. If you have any special diet restrictions, speak to the house managers about your needs ahead of time.
Past participants have stated that staying at sober living was an important part of their recovery experience and that it was better for their budget when they added the costs of hotels, car rentals, paying for parking, and paying for meals each day. With so many advantages to this kind of support, we’re confident that sober living is the best place to be for our 2 week Intensive clients.
To register or consult with our compassionate intake counselors,
Please call (310) 843-9902