With Guest Presenter, Alexandra Katehakis, PhD, CST-S, CSAT-S on Isolation and the Human Condition: The Power of Group Processes
Registration is Now Open!
Click Here for more information and online registration!
Course Level: Advanced
Isolation impacts mental health and is exacerbated by separation from friends, family, and everyday routines. One therapist is often not enough to heal the depths of pain compounded by isolation. Group therapy and 12-Step programs can fill the intrinsic need for affiliation and alter attachment styles for those in need. This course will examine the power of human connection.
Goals and Educational Objectives:
- Identify the impact of long-term isolation on the brain/mind/body.
- Define and apply the four components necessary in group dynamics for neuropsychobiological growth and change.
- Assess the pro-social function of group therapy and 12-Step meetings and how attendance changes attachment styles over time.
- The effects of isolation and loneliness on the human organism
- Isolation, loneliness and addiction
- Group therapy
- 12-Step meetings
- Keys to building community